Sunday, November 20, 2011

Creative Design Retreat

In my new quest to learn all I can about sewing and fashion so I can use my hand made felt for garments, I attended a 4 day workshop in San Marcos, California put on by Cochenile Designs. http://www.cochenille.com/


Missoni - made for the World Cup

Ballet and Opera costumes
The retreat focused on creative design for sewers and knitters. Anna Walden, a knitwear designer and Susan Lazear - Professer of Fashion at Mesa College in San Diego were the instructors. I took copious notes and many pictures and came away with a new appreciation and understanding, (though just scratching the surface), of garment design. We spent a day in the LA garment district and visited Beverly Hills - Rodeo Drive and a highlight was the "Il Teatro alla Moda" Theatre in Fashion, an exhibition of the theatrical costumes from Italy's world famous haute couture designers.

 
Button selection at Mood Fabrics

LA Garment District


No comments:

Post a Comment