Saturday, May 11, 2013

Whirlwind of work in my studio

My studio has been in a whirlwind trying to finish garments for the textile exhibit at the Denver Art Museum for the summer exhibit. I have a few pictures of some pieces. I made three jackets with set in sleeves, a short jacket that was made from a pattern I made off of a vintage piece that Colleen Alexander let me borrow, and several vests that I had made before but I changed the sides on two making a short lacing.
Below is the short jacket with a matching scarve: It is merino wool and spots of silk
The jackets:
Two are merino wool and Silk lap as the outside layer felted together. The Purple one is merino wool with 8 mm habotai silk fabric felted together. I cut them out, dye the pieces and sew them together.



The vests with side lacing:

The vest with the chiffon fabric through the back that ties in the front panel on each side. I have made this before and sold one at ArtWear Fashion Week in Fort Collins, Colorado a couple of years ago.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment