Tuesday, December 4, 2018

A successful show season ends with the La Moda III Fashion Show in Santa Fe.

As the Holiday season is approaching I am planning my production schedule for new work. We are having below zero temperatures at night and several inches of snow which seems early for the year. My alpaca/ merino felt jacket received the second place for Garments at the Taos Wool Festival in October. I finished it 4 days before the show and neglected to take a picture of it. This was the first garment I made using alpaca fiber. I loved the feel of the alpaca wool blend felt and my second piece made with alpaca is shown in the last post. I have purchased some Huacaya/Suri blend roving from Ranchos de los Suenos which I have already needle felted into 5 mm habotai silk fabric along with a thin layer of merino wool roving. I will be wet felting it and look forward to the feel of the felt with this blend. The fiber is white so I will be dying the finished felt for a garment. Below is a picture of the beautiful New Mexico landscape showing fall colors, that I took about a month ago in Abiquiu, en route to Santa Fe.

No comments:

Post a Comment